1. These Terms and Conditions shall apply to the sale of the Goods by the Seller to the Buyer to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions referred except where the Seller has agreed to such variation in writing and by way of signature. By ordering from Salt Lagos Limited, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions (“Conditions”) and accept that these Conditions may be modified or amended and posted on the website from time to time.
2. Please note that to place an order, we normally require at least 48 hours’ notice.
3. Our opening times are Mondays – Saturdays from 10am – 5pm.
4. Orders placed outside our working hours will be attended to on the next working day.
1. . Please note that Salt Lagos Limited requires 100% non-refundable payment to confirm the Buyer’s order.
2. For events, Salt Lagos requires 70% non-refundable deposit at the point the order is made, in order to confirm the Buyer’s order or hold the date.
3. The final balance specified on the invoice must be paid by the Buyer at least a week before the
event date. Failure to complete payment 1 week before the event date may result in your order
being cancelled. By making a payment the Buyer is accepting the Terms and Conditions as detailed
by Salt Lagos.
4. For our other products, we require payment to be made at least 36 hours to the agreed date of
5. Orders cannot be cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice
1. The images on our website or social media pages are examples of our cakes. All our products are
handmade and can be ordered in different sizes from those shown on the website or social media
2. Due to the above mentioned, your product may have variations from the images on the website
or social media pages.
1. If you have any queries or need to make any changes to an order, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com immediately.
2. Alterations and amendments must be communicated in writing. We will assess the request for an alteration, and endeavour to make alteration where possible, dependent on the design and amount of notice given.
3. Accepting any alterations is at the discretion of Salt Lagos Limited.
4. Alterations requested less than 48 hours before completion may be subject to a surcharge.
5. We reserve the right to change the design at any point if circumstances beyond our control
compromise the quality of the finished product. The Buyer will be notified of any such changes and we will endeavour to keep any changes minimal.
1. All price quotations, written or verbal, are valid for 30 days from the date of quotation. Our menus and pricelists are subject to change.
2. Payment for products should only be made upon receipt of an invoice. Any payments made
without receipt of an invoice will be refunded.
3. The Buyer accepts the Terms and Conditions of Salt Lagos Limited once payment is made. It is,
therefore, the Buyer’s responsibility to check any quotes and invoices thoroughly before making
1. Where samples of the Goods are shown to the Buyer, the Buyer hereby accepts that they consider such samples to be representations of the Goods. Any description applied to the Goods is only given by way of identification and does not constitute a sale by description.
2. Any image provided as part of the description of similar goods is given for illustrative purposes
3. The Buyer will be required to choose a design for the celebration cakes purchased. Where the
Buyer does not specify the preferred design for the celebration cakes, Salt Lagos Limited will use its discretion to design the cake.
4. We cannot guarantee an exact replica of any cake. However, we will do our best to design as close as possible. Where colour swatches are provided, we will do our best to match as close as we deem possible. Exact colour matches are not guaranteed.
5. Where the Buyer is not satisfied with the design of the cake, any alterations will be at the discretion of Salt Lagos.
6. We will not be held responsible for Buyer’s disappointment of the design or the interpretation of the cake as long as it is made in line with the Buyer’s pre-agreed requirements set out in the order confirmation and will face no consequent liability.
7. It is the Buyer’s responsibility to ensure all details within the order confirmation are correct and meet their exact requirements.
8. Please note that Accessories and toppers such as flowers, fresh or artificial, toppers, berries, etc
are subject to availability. The Seller will inform the Buyer where there is no availability at least 24
hours before the collection date.
1. In the unlikely event that your order arrives damaged, kindly report the damage to us within 12 hours and send photographic evidence of the damage within 3 working days if you wish to claim a refund or replacement.
2. Salt Lagos Limited will not take back any undamaged goods from the Buyer unless agreed in writing by Salt Lagos Limited.
3. Salt Lagos Limited will not be liable for cakes that are damaged after they have been delivered to the agreed location. For cakes delivered to venues, Salt Lagos Limited requires a signed delivery note by the recipient acknowledging that the product has been received in perfect condition.
4. Cakes collected from the Salt Lagos Limited premises requires a signed note by the recipient
acknowledging the cake was picked up in perfect condition.
5. Damages after this point are not Salt Lagos Limited’s responsibility. All Salt Lagos Limited cakes are fragile and require care and attention when handling, storing, and displaying. Please pay careful attention to our storage and transportation (where relevant) instructions.
1. Upon receipt of the invoice, the Buyer is allocated with a pickup time. Receipt of payment
indicates acceptance of the allocated time as well as our Terms and Conditions.
2. The Buyer is expected to pick up goods during our working hours.
3. Salt Lagos Limited will not be held responsible for goods not picked up on the agreed pickup date.
4. We cannot be held liable for any damages to the cake or products once they have been picked up by the Buyer.
5. We cannot be held liable for products delivered, once the products have been set up the cake at
the venue or delivery location and received a signature for the safe receipt of the goods on our
delivery note (we will deliver with a delivery note).
6. Due to the fragile nature of our products, we advise that the collection vehicle is driven carefully, well air-conditioned, has a flat surface, and is clean and tidy. This is the responsibility of the Buyer.
7. We will always endeavour to dispatch the cakes within the allocated time slot. However, delivery
timings cannot be specified or guaranteed.
8. Salt Lagos Limited will not be liable for deliveries delayed by factors beyond our control e.g. traffic, heavy rain, flood, etc.
9. In the event of anticipated delays, Salt Lagos limited will inform the Buyer immediately.
10. Refunds will not be given for delayed deliveries especially in unforeseen circumstances, as stated above. If in the unlikely event the delivery is delayed, we will always endeavour to deliver the cake to you as soon as possible.
1. Goods displayed outside are liable to react to the temperature. In hot or humid weather, there is the possibility of decorations melting or damage to Goods as all our cakes are covered in
buttercream or whipped cream. We therefore advise the Buyer to take this into consideration, when placing an order.
2. Please note, we do not provide cake tables, tablecloths or cutting knives.
3. It is the responsibility of the Buyer to provide these or check with the venue to ensure these items are provided.
4. ALL our cakes MUST be refrigerated to avoid damage.